Tr-3 interior

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tr-3 interior
From: wsachse@ncinter.net (Bill Sachse)
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 1996 19:31:16 -0500
Just so that fellow (whose name escapes me) doesn't continue to believe
that the old 4-cyl Tr's run completely without complications I am throwing
out this highly technical dilemma to search for the truth and help to
finish my project.

What the heck is that braided rope like stuff in the channel behind the
B-posts and what the heck is it in there for?  (For those not familiar that
is the rear door post) I am close to installing the interior in my car and
don't have a clue as to the nature of the material or it's purpose.  I
suppose that it is some kind of "nailer" to secure the interior panels but
that is my only guess.  It has been a real long (real-real long)time since
I've had an interior in this car and I did lose track of some details
including this one.  I will search out a few local cars to see how the
actual panels and carpet sections are installed and secured in place but
could use an answer to this before I start in case I have to stuff it with
oakum or hemp or something first.  Thanks in advance.

                                Bill Sachse
                                59 Tr-3 a
                                67 Tr-4 a IRS
                                71 Tr-6