Re: Carb cold air ducts?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carb cold air ducts?
From: Jonathan Miles <MILESJE@novell2.bham.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 09:48:19
> I was just going through my latest book (Triumph Spitfire and GT6 - A guide
> to originality) and stumbled over the use of carb cold air ducts in the GT6
> (and the Spit for that matter) that leads air more directly into the air
> filter. Anybody have any experience with these?
>
> Thanks
>

> Milton Mai
> 1970 GT6 Mk.2

 IMHO,
These are just twin plastic pipes running from the air cleaner on the
carbs to the front of the radiator, outside of the fibre-board
radiator ducts.  The colder the air supply to the carbs, the more
efficiently the engine will run, therefore If you've got the standard
air cleaner system (and were talking UK spec. here), always fit the
twin air pipes. The downside of this system is that the airflow to
the carbs is restricted somewhat compared to, say, K&N filters.

Jonathan

Dr J.E.Miles
School of Biological Sciences
University of Birmingham