Re: carpet removal..

To: rvince00@counsel.com (Ross Vincente -- TransAmer. Financial - Los Angeles )
Subject: Re: carpet removal..
From: dwilliam@mail.educ.gov.bc.ca (David Williams)
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 08:11:36 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
> From: Neil Beasley  on Monday:
>I have carpet to put in my TR 6. What is  the proper way to
>secure the carpet to the floor? It obviously isn't glue. Maybe I
>should glue the insulation mat to the floor but then I have to
>hold the carpet down somehow.

The Tr 6 carpet is fastened with snaps.  'Male' sections are attached to
the floor pans, firewall,  and tunnel covers, with 'female' components
attached to the carpet.  The underfelt was originally loose (ie not glued)
and held in place by the carpet.  Many of the components that you need can
be picked up from an upholstery shop but you may have difficulty  with the
'female' end that attaches to the carpet.  I have carefully removed mine
and moved them from carpet set to carpet set when I've installed new
carpets. TRF has some of the bits as well, but I'm not sure about the
'female' components that look like small crowns with the pointy bits coming
through the carpet to be bent over.

*******************************
  David J.R. Williams, Director
  Curriculum Branch
  dwilliam@mail.educ.gov.bc.ca
  Fax: (604)356-2316         Phone: (604)356-2317

  Province of British Columbia
  Ministry of Education, Skills, & Training
  620 Superior St.,
  Victoria, B.C.
  V8V 2M4