Re: spit. 1500 valve seats

To: Jonathan Miles <milesje@novell2.bham.ac.uk>, Keith Bennett <Keith.Bennett@bbc.co.uk>
Subject: Re: spit. 1500 valve seats
From: Phil Willson <P.J.Willson@qmw.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 10:40:47 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Jonathan,

Keith Bennett wrote:
>If you do end up having to go for inserts you might as
well go the whole
>way and get unleaded inserts and valves. It's expensive
but then you'll
>have no worries for the future.

And if you go and see young Mr Kipping (Mr Kipling,
surely!) in downtown Coventry, he may well have an
exchange head in stock.  I believe he only upgrades the
exhaust valves and seats to unleaded spec and keeps the
inlets as standard, but that is sufficient under normal
circumstances.  I've had mine for about 5 years and have
no complaints thus far. (No, I'm not on commission, by the
way.)

Good luck

Phil

TSSC 13/60 Secretary