TR6 camshaft choice

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 camshaft choice
From: JSGREBE@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 20:39:46 -0500
I just read a message that the mailer was down when I first posted this,
so I will try again.

Iam looking for suggestions for a camshaft for a 74 TR6 that will
spend most of it's time in the 1500-3500 rpm range. Looking for
some increase in power in the low and mid-range. The stock intake
and carburators will be used. The stock exhaust manifold and pipes
will be used (like the sound too much to change). The engine is
coming out due to clutch problems. This is a good time for me to
replace rings, check pistons, and upper connecting rod bushings.
The engine has developed a slight knocking at 3000 rpm with the
throttle open, suspect upper rod bushings. The lower rod bearings,
main bearings, and thrust washers have been changed.
If you have tried any non-stock camshafts, I would appreciate knowing
the results. I am currently considering the Kent fast road cam kit
from Victoria British.
Thanks for your answers.

Jeff Grebe
JSGREBE@aol.com