Stag/RoverV8 Engine Swapping

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Stag/RoverV8 Engine Swapping
From: Jamie Palmer <jamiep@cris.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 21:28:10 -0500
Hi--

A friend of mine has a Stag that he is interested in putting a Rover V8
into.  He has several questions:

1.  Who offers kits/mounts/headers/etc. at this point, and does anyone
have any experience with them?

2.  Do kits have an adapter plate to use the regular Triumph 4-sp (+O/D
in this case) or do they have a way of making the 5-spd fit?

3.  Does anyone have any recommendations as to which kit to buy?

4.  Is it possible to just get the headers, mounts and adapter plates?

I'd appreciate any responses to this, and if the sources are in England,
Australia, or whatever, that isn't a problem.

Thanks for the help!  BTW, he's convinced that this is the way to go...I'm
keeping the "normal" engine in mine...

Also, we expect the kit providers to be in England, so that's not a problem.

Jamie Palmer
'73 Stag (currently being stripped, sent chrome out yesterday!)
'72 TR-6 (frame-off awaiting body, chassis/susp./engine/tranny done)
'63 Italia 2000 (frequent driver)
'71 Spitfire Mk.IV (daily driver and autocrosser)
'63 Italia 2000 (long-off restoration project)
'80 TR-7 30th Anniv. Convertible (PLEASE buy this car, $1400 obo!)