Carb Kit

To: Unknown <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carb Kit
From: Neil Beasley <74741.2020@compuserve.com>
Date: 16 Mar 96 11:57:37 EST
Hello,

I'm in the middle of installing  carb kits in my '76 TR 6 and , as I expected,
things aren't as clear to this novice and they appear to be to others on  the
list. Here's my question.
In the kit was a small envelope containing a "Grose-Jet, EZ-401". (EZ certainly
is a misnomer!)

In my carb, there is a fitting in the side of the float chamber and the float
flap fits against it as it rises. However, this fitting doesn't have a ball
float in it--only a short tube. Is the Grose-Jet in the kit a replacement for
this fitting? The Bentley Manual isn't very clear on the drawing in this detail.
If it is, have you had any trouble getting the old fitting out to replace it?

Second question. The metering needle fits in a long tube going down into the
float chamber and the seat is obviously in this tube where I can't see it. I
guess a special tool is needed to remove the seat so I won't try that. The
needle did have a lot of hard rocklike material on it which I cleaned off with
abrasive cloth. I assume that didn't matter since the seat is where the work is
done. Is that right?

Third question. The float assembly is held on to the body by two small rivet
looking attachments. One these appears to be loose. Should it be and how could
one tighten it?

Thanks ahead for any advice on this problem of mine.
Neil
76 TR 6