TR3 shock absorbers

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 shock absorbers
From: wise@VAXA.CIS.UWOSH.EDU
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 11:00:12 +0000
Yo,

        What is involved in the rebuilding of TR3 rear shocks?  I took the
tops off of mine and drained and replaced the oil (using Armstrong shock
oil from TRF).  What else does a place like Apple Hydraulics do?  Are there
internal seals or other goodies that need to be replaced?  If so, are they
available?
        Also too, how can you tell if they are bad?  I put mine back
together and the seem to absorb shocks (very sophisticated bench test
involving clamping body in vise and moving arm up and down).

Bob
1961 TR3A (owned it for 10 years and hope to drive it someday).