Re: 'Sports Cars' and Motorcycles

To: kbeam@almc-lee.army.mil
Subject: Re: 'Sports Cars' and Motorcycles
From: Thomas Augustus Kimberly <gt8610a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 1996 14:41:02 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
> And in the same 'zine on page 48 is "Best of What's New":  "The
> venerable Triumph Motorcycle marque is back, minus the dreaded
> electrical and oil-seeping faults that plagued British bikes of yore.
> Modern in every aspect, the new family of Triumphs is built around
> freshly designed three- and four- cylinder engines that pull like
> locomotives.  Particularly endearing is the Speed Triple, an agile 900 cc
> racer that elicits visceral, wind-in-the-face joy in the rider.  It's
> great to see shapely new gas tanks wearing that lovely old logo."

> It appears these new bikes share more than just lineage with our beloved
> cars.

> Kevin Beam                             1957 TR3

I got a copy of 'Motorcycle Shopper' the other day to aid in my quest for
a Vespa.  Back cover, ad for TRIUMPHcare, customer finance-motorcycle
insurance-roadside assistance-extended warrenties.  etc... etc...  I
wonder if they'll offer the same for their disowned automotive brethren?
In the ad is a picture of the side panel on a new Adventurer I believe, its
held on by Posi-Drives :).  Inside the front cover is an ad for the
Adventurer. A very proper cruiser, w/ a 900cc triple engine.  That would
look so beautiful parked in front of my apartment next to the TR6.

                        -Thomas Kimberly '72 TR6
                                         '63 Renault Caravelle
                                             that has to find a new home
                                             by next Thursday!!