Re: Soon to be TR6 owner

To: smith007@IntNet.net
Subject: Re: Soon to be TR6 owner
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 96 22:29:22 MST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>Well, I guess the first thing I should say about myself, is the sportscar
>bug has bitten me ! I have pretty much decided on a tr6, no particular
>year. I am looking for an original car that would qualify as a dependable
>car,however I have other dependable transportation. Hopefully, I will be
>able to pay off a few bills ,before tackling a serious overhall. My price
>about 5000.00, depending on car. I live in central Florida.Am I barking up
>the wrong tree, looking for a dependable,nonrusty tr6, in central Fl?
>                                           Thanks,
>                                               Phil

Phil,
 I would say IMHO you are probably asking for too much for the money in a
Florida or East Coast car.
 I would recommend you check further on this line or possibly the trade
magazines and Hemmings Motor News.(Available at bookstores everywhere).
 Of course, it could not hurt to pursue you goal in your own
neighborhood. Take along a refrigerator magnet when you decide to "look".
It will give you a good indication of rust or excessive body filler. Just
slap it against the body panels, mainly the lower front and rear and the
rocker sills. If it doesn't stick, you've got rust or filler. If it hangs
on, little or no rust or at least the panel has been properly repaired.
Good hunting.
Best Regards,
Tony R.
"GRT6s"