TooOldForThisAgain?

To: tom.omalley@channel1.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TooOldForThisAgain?
From: "jpratchi" <jpratchi@isdlink1.ess.harris.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 96 08:21:00 est
TOom

>In mid september it was done.  I drove the car for about two months
>before the great blizzard of '96. It was a BLAST!  I found it
>more fun to drive than my vette.....'course at 42 maybe I'm
>getting senile.
  At 48, I'm on my second Spitfire... had the first (a '74) from age 34 to
42, (put it out to pasture when the body totally rusted out.) Got the
second (an '80) two years ago. I owned a brand new 1969 Corvette when I
graduated from the Naval Academy in '69 and have to agree with you the
Spitfire is truly much more *FUN*.

>Shall I describe the expression on my 7 year old daughter's face
>when I picked her up from the soccer game? :-)
   My 9 year old daughter is the fifth soccer player (sort of) in the
family and would much rather travel to or from any match or practise in the
Spitfire.  As she puts it "Dad, your Spitfire is the *BEST* car in the
whole world!"  Pretty much says it all.  My wife and two teenagers love
"Victoria" almost as much as I do. My #2 Son borrowed it to go to the Prom
(even though he owns a Mazda RX-7). My oldest son (now 25) owns a '75 Spit.
Once Spitfires get into your blood (and family) they make a permanent place
for themselves!

>Buy the car.  We'll help you fix it.
   I second Tom's advise.  Through the restorations, repairs and
occaisional frustrations shines the many moments of exhiliaration and joy
of driving our charming cars and sharing them with loved ones.  Even today
I look back on the time nearly ten years ago when my oldest son (then 16)
helped me swap engines in my first Spitfire on a cold, drizzly, Virginia
afternoon in October.  He refused to go into the warm house until the last
bolt was secure. He even helped pick up the tools in the cold rain.
Extraordinary behavior accompanies LBC ownership.

>Regards...Tom O'Malley
>'74 Spit..."project car" <NOT>

regards,  John Pratchios
'80 Spitfire, daily driver (until the differential failed on Sunday... new
one is in shipping!)