Re: driving seat <40.1679699.700@channel1.com>

To: tom.omalley@channel1.com (Tom Omalley)
Subject: Re: driving seat <40.1679699.700@channel1.com>
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 14:56:18 PST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, kerch@parc.xerox.com
>>>Tom Omalley said:
 >
 > >I broke my driving seat on Saturday, Don't ask how (thats a long
 > story), but the frame has actually snapped in half.
 > >  1. Weld up the seat - cheap(ish).
 >
 > I vote for this option Chris.  I tried to stick weld my seat last year
 > but the metal was so thin I kept burning through.

When I stripped the seat frames in my TR6 last spring, I found a broken weld.
I just took it to a local welding shop, where the guy threw it on the big
gronuded table, struck an arc, zip zap, done, five bucks please.  I took it
home and upholstered it. No hassle, no waiting.

  --berry

Berry Kercheval :: kerch@parc.xerox.com :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center