Re: Wanted: Halda trip/twinmaster

To: Paul Thompson <paul@btcase.bt.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Wanted: Halda trip/twinmaster
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 10:16:00 -0600 (CST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Tue, 12 Mar 1996, Paul Thompson wrote:

> I'm looking for a Halda tripmaster or twinmaster for my TR4. I have
> heard that prices tend to be different on a country by country basis, so
> I would be interested if you know the current prices outside the UK.

        I think it will be hit or miss over here since historic rallying
        is just starting to get some interest. As far as I know we
        haven't a company like Autostorica on this side of the BWS that
        rebuilds and sell old equipment.

> I've just started a bit of historic road rallying and have enjoyed it
> alot the trouble is I can imagine it's going to be a road to ruin
> financially!

        Can you go SOP (seat of the pants) until you accumulate what gera you
        need? I know where 2 Heuer rallye stopwatches are... But I have
        first dibs on them.:-> My father-in-law (a chemical engineer) has an
        old Curta "coffee grinder" somewhere in the attic but after two forays
        up there, I haven't found it. You may want to check out yard sales,
        autojumbles, and antique shops. Of course posting here is also a help.

        Good luck,

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois