Re: Help-Stuck clutch?!?!?

To: Mike A Gendimenico <Mike_A_Gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help-Stuck clutch?!?!?
From: "Doug Mitchell" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 07:41:57 -0500 "Help-Stuck clutch?!?!?" (Mar 11, 11:11am)
Mike,

It sounds to me like the clutch and the flywheel or pressure plate
are rusted together. When it has happened to me, I have been able
to free them by warming the car up, then starting the car in gear.
I pull out into my street, (20 foot driveway and private street),
then hit the brakes. One or two times and every thing is freed up.

Other people on this list have not been as lucky, and have had to
pull the gearbox out to free it up. I cut a piece of wood to fit
between the frame cross-member and the pedal to hold the peddle
down and the clutch engaged. (although when I looked in the car the
other week, I saw that I hadn't used it this year. :( )

Doug Mitchell