Driving Seats

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Driving Seats
From: "Chris Boston" <cboston@zeu.tt.umist.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 10:35:17 +0000
I broke my driving seat on Saturday, Don't ask how (thats a long story), but
the frame has actually snapped in half.

I have transplanted the passenger seat for the moment, but it doesn't really
fit, and the driving position is awful, I feel as if I'm leaning out of the
window.

I have three choices:

  1. Weld up the seat - cheap(ish).

  2. Replace with a second hand seat - reasonable cost.

  3. Buy a pair of comfortable seats - expensive.

I guess I have two questions,

  1. Does anyone have a spare R.H. seat they can sell me cheaply.

  2. Does anybody have experience with third party (comfy) seats that they are
       prepaired to recommend, or warn me against.

Boy, the car looks big with only one seat.

Regards,

Chris.
       1977 Spitfire 1500 O/D. (Everyday/Only Driver)