Attn Mark Joslyn, and a few observations

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Attn Mark Joslyn, and a few observations
From: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 9:12:53 -0700 (MST)
Cc: DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM
Sorry to bomb the list, but I don't have a copy of Mark Joslyn's
address on hand.

Mark, John Kipping says he's getting ready to ship your order.
I phoned him this morning to ask about layshaft loading springs,
those three springs that might or might not be squeezed between
the gearbox and bellhousing face on GT6/Vitesse gearboxes.  He
says they don't really matter and Triumph eventually stopped
using them.   I was worried because I only had one.  Anyway, he
mentioned that he was about ready with your gearbox.

Thanks to all for the (privately sent) congrats on getting my
Vitesse on the road!  Boy, what an attention-grabber it's turning
out to be.  The closest thing I've had to this kind of experience
is when I got a chance to drive an E-type Jag, and even that
didn't turn so many heads (or is it stomachs?).   I don't know if
it's as much of a crumpet collector (and my girlfriend might have
something to say about my finding out), but the general feminine
observation seems to be "cute".  Guys have been saying "cool",
"neat", or "nice".  Also "what the hell is that?".

And what a frisson it gives to drive a car that one essentially built
with one's own two hands!  There's nothing like it.  Keep it up,
the rest of you first-time restorers.  It's worth it.  All of it.

- Dan
'65 Vitesse
'79 Spitfire