Vitesse Mk 1 and Stromberg 175s?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Vitesse Mk 1 and Stromberg 175s?
From: "A.N.Clark" <afu058@bangor.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 11:53:42 +0000 (GMT)
Dear all,
I have just sent an E-mail to Rich Jackson re his Stromberg 175s he has
for sale, but realised I might be making a mistake if I get them: The
recent thread about upgrading of GT6 150s to 175s related to Mk 2 2-litre
engines as fitted to Vitesse Mk 2 and GT6 Mk 2 and Mk 3. My 67 Vitesse
has a Mk 1 engine (i.e. inferior head) with standard (although tired)
CD150s. What would new 175s do for this engine and could they lead to
problems? Would I need a different inlet manifold? Would my K&N filters
fit? Would I need a different cam to get the best from them? What needles
should I use? etc. etc.... I am, as you may have gathered, no expert on
these matters and any comments would be much appreciated.
Andrew.