Re: TR6 Thrust Bearings/End Play

To: 76644.2655@compuserve.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Thrust Bearings/End Play
From: Chasgee@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 22:05:23 -0500
Yes, oversize thrust washers are available from all of the specialty
suppliers (Moss, Roadster, etc.).  I like British Parts Northwest in Daton
Oregon...good prices.

The problem with the thrust washers is that they aren't big enough.  There
was a string a while back about pinning thrust washers in over the entire
circumference of the crankshaft thrust area.  I've heard this works, but
haven't tried it.

The trick with the stock arrangement is to run on the high side of the
tolerance for end play and try not to slip the clutch too much.  The longer
you keep the pressure plate pushed in, the longer you load the thrust
washers.

Good luck!

Chuck Gee
'72 TR6