TR-4 Distributor Rebuild

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-4 Distributor Rebuild
From: daverne@dlcwest.com (Doug Daverne)
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 1996 23:06:49 -0600
Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of rebuilding the distributor for my 1961 TR-4.  I have
just received a new main bushing and it looks good with one exception.  The
old bushing has a hole drilled through the wall which lines up with a hole
in the side of the distributor body.  The new bushing has no such hole.

For those of you who are familiar with these distributors my questions are
as follows:

1)  It appears to me that the hole is part of the lubrication system for the
bushing.  Is this correct?

2)  Is the ommission of the hole from the new bushing an oversight on the
part of the supplier or a design improvement?  Should I drill the hole in
the new bushing (my instincts say yes)?

My Bentley manual doesn't appear to show or discuss the purpose of this hole.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

>From the somewhat less frozen North,

Doug Daverne
Saskatchewan, Canada

1961 TR-4 CT283LO
1963 TR-4 (parts car or restoration project?)