Re: TR-4 Distributor Rebuild

To: daverne@dlcwest.com
Subject: Re: TR-4 Distributor Rebuild
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 96 23:44:34 MST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

Doug,
 Filing a flat is a better idea than using a center punch to set a pilot
hole for drilling, unless you use a tapered drift pin to hold the
bushings shape. Then again, it's still a better idea.
 The bushing is slightly tapered so it can be pressed or driven in with
the narrow end going in first to sort of act as a pilot and assure
alignment and final seating of the bushing.
 Would be a good idea to "mike" the distributor shaft to be sure
roundness and correct wear.
 Somewhere around hear, I have data that I think says you can be quite safe
with as much as .008 in. side play. Hard to tell since there is no way to
oget a measuring device in afetr it's all back together. I suppose you
should let good judgement be you guide here.
Gopd Luck.
Best Regards,
Tony R.
"GT6s"