TR4 tonneau

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 tonneau
From: Dean Mericas <dmericas@limno.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 1996 12:38:58 -0500 (EST)
There was a thread a while back regarding tonneau covers, and it prompted
a question I've been pondering.

Last year I purchased a tonneau for my TR4 from Moss.  It fits great, and
provides all the benefits that have been cited by others.  However, there
is a male press-the-dot stud on the inboard frame of my passengers seat
that I thought was for some sort of strap related to the tonneau.  The
tonneau I got from Moss has no such strap.  So what's the deal: did the
original covers come with a strap that attached somehow to the stud, or
is the stud there for some other reason?  Also, if there was a strap on
the original tonneaus, what did it look like (in case I decide I can't
live without it)?

Thanks.

Dean
1965 TR4 (CT37089L)