cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil
From: kedwards@norfolk.infi.net (Keith A. Edwards)
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 1996 21:42:14 -0500 (EST)
>From the Digest, Bruce writes:

>Date: Tue, 27 Feb 96 08:41:58 EST
>From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
>Subject: Re: Entering a competition??
>
>Doug,
>
>I could have written an entire dissertation on the habits of Concourse
>entrants as seen by a judge!  Maybe someday I will.
>
>In Bruce's perfect world, a nice original car, no matter what the
>mileage, always places higher than a restored car.  It takes effort
>to keep an old car nice, just money to renew it!
>
>Bruce Clough

In answer, I will add that I understand that in England, the big car shows
have a separate class for original, unrestored cars.  They are quite
coveted.  Great idea!  Any confirmation on this from across the pond?

Alas, I don't recall seeing such a class at marque meets here.

I am personally opposed to *over* restoration, and figure that an original
car will show thru, whether cleaned and polished or not.

Sure hate to see functionally good original parts (but perhaps show age)
replaced by obviously reproduction parts that aren't quite right.

My prefence for British car shows is to just bring everybody together.
There should be less concern over the condition of the car, and just be
happy that your car arrived at the event.

For the person who asked, concours or popular judging class?

Whichever you prefer.  Never worry about being embarrassed about your car.
Be proud, regardless of condition.  Wash the car if absolutely necessary.  :-)>

--
Suffolk, Virginia
E-mail: kedwards@norfolk.infi.net