humor

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: humor
From: wise@VAXA.CIS.UWOSH.EDU
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 1996 12:40:54 +0000
WHAT IF PEOPLE BOUGHT CARS LIKE THEY BUY COMPUTERS?

General Motors doesn't have a "help line" for people who don't know how
to drive, because people don't buy cars like they buy computers -- but
imagine if they did . . .

HELPLINE:  "General Motors HelpLine, how can I help you?"
CUSTOMER:  "I got in my car and closed the door, and nothing happened!"
HELPLINE:  "Did you put the key in the ignition slot and turn it?"
CUSTOMER:  "What's an ignition?"
HELPLINE:  "It's a starter motor that draws current from your battery and
turns over the engine."
CUSTOMER:  "Ignition?  Motor?  Battery?  Engine?  How come I have to know
all of these technical terms just to use my car?"
 ---------------------------------------

HELPLINE:  "General Motors HelpLine, how can I help you?"
CUSTOMER:  "My car ran fine for a week, and now it won't go anywhere!"
HELPLINE:  "Is the gas tank empty?"
CUSTOMER:  "Huh?  How do I know!?"
HELPLINE:  "There's a little gauge on the front panel, with a needle, and
markings from 'E' to 'F.'  Where is the needle pointing?"
CUSTOMER:  "It's pointing to 'E.'  What does that mean?"
HELPLINE:  "It means that you have to visit a gasoline vendor, and
purchase some more gasoline.  You can install it yourself, or pay the
vendor to install it for you."
CUSTOMER:  "What!?"  I paid $12,000. for this car!  Now you tell me that
I have to keep buying more components?  I want a car that comes with
everything built in!"

HELPLINE:  "General Motors HelpLine, how can I help you?"
CUSTOMER:  "Your cars stink!"
HELPLINE:  "What's wrong?"
CUSTOMER:  "It crashed, that's what went wrong!"
HELPLINE:  "What were you doing?"
CUSTOMER:  "I wanted to run faster, so I pushed the accelerator pedal all
the way to the floor.  It worked for a while, and then it crashed -- and
now it won't start!"
HELPLINE:  "It's your responsibility if you misuse the product.  What do
you expect us to do about it?"
CUSTOMER:  "I want you to send me one of the latest version that doesn't
crash anymore!"

HELPLINE:  "General Motors HelpLine, how can I help you?"
CUSTOMER:  "Hi!  I just bought my first car, and I chose your car because
it has automatic transmission, cruise control, power steering, power
brakes, and power door locks."
HELPLINE:  "Thanks for buying our car.  How can I help you?"
CUSTOMER:  "How do I work it?"
HELPLINE:  "Do you know how to drive?"
CUSTOMER:  "Do I know how to what?"
HELPLINE:  "Do you know how to drive?"
CUSTOMER:  "I'm not a technical person!  I just want to go places in my car!"

 Judy Brown, Emerging Technology Analyst    brown@foxvalley.tec.wi.us
 Fox Valley Technical College                    P.O. Box 2277 M/S 87
 Appleton, Wisconsin, USA  54913-2277            (414) 735-2485 (fax)
 URL http://www.foxvalley.tec.wi.us