Re: Overdrive problem

To: SCHWANGAU@aol.com
Subject: Re: Overdrive problem
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 22:03:58 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Fri, 29 Sep 1995 SCHWANGAU@aol.com wrote:

> OD on our 79 Spit intermittently kicks out, and then back in.  I did a clean
> and rebuild about 15000 miles ago.  It gave no problem prior or since then
> until about 1000 miles ago.

Brian,
        The wires near the OD solenoid get cooked by radiant heat from the
exhaust, and bathe in oil from the transmission.  I'd check at these
wires for an intermittent connection.   Also look at the connectors at the
relay and the transmission wiring harness.

                Greg
                            Greg Meboe     meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu
                            Web site>> http://www.scs.wsu.edu/~meboe
                            Dept. of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                            Washington State University,  Pullman, Wa.
                            '85 XJ-12 H.E. (daily)  '67 Spit-6 '74 TR-6