Re: Tony's (mostly) excellent Spitfire adventure

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tony's (mostly) excellent Spitfire adventure
From: SCHWANGAU@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 23:39:54 -0400
The three connectors by the oil pressure wiring are for the older type
electronic iginition.  You probably have the black box on the firewall.  The
older (always-fail) model had the amplifier on the distiributor itself.
 Stupid place to put electronics, considering the heat, dirt, and vibration.
 The later black box worked much better and is found on MGB, Jaguar, and
 Sptifire to my knowledge.  I have two cars with them, and they work fine so
far.  One is a retro fit to a 59 Sprite.

Brian N.