siezed brake m/c

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: siezed brake m/c
From: Liquid@massey.ac.nz
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 01:03:55 +0000
About a month ago I got a brake master cylinder from the local wreckers,
withn the intention of fitting it to our Herald.  However during the month
it has spent kicking about in the shed it has siezed up.  Can anyone
suggest a way of freeing it up without wrecking it - or having siezed is it
now already scrap?  My intended approach is to put a bit of brake fluid in
it, bolt it up to the car, warm it with a heat gun and gently press the
brake pedal.  Does this sound like a recipe for disaster?

Thanks in advance, Pat Edwards.