Re: TR-6 as an everyday car? <9509281552.AA21249@aussie.hori

To: ingate@horizon.com (Shane Ingate)
Subject: Re: TR-6 as an everyday car? <9509281552.AA21249@aussie.horizon.com>
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 18:50:08 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
++> Finally, I do not agree with your concerns for the environment; I have
++> read in many independent publications that 90% of the pollution caused
++> by a car in its entire lifetime was caused during its manufacture.

Hello Shane,
        I read this comment with some interest.  I have always believed this is
is true and I believe in the hierarchy - reduce, "reuse", recycle.  None the
less,
It would be nice if you could site some references. I seem to discuss/argue this
point often.  Also, as society attempts to enact strict limitations on the use
of older cars, it would be in our best interest disseminate this information
in a systematic and intelligent manner.

--
William Woodruff        woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu
Ann Arbor MI