Re: TR6 as an everyday car?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 as an everyday car?
From: "Jeff Wagner" <JWAGNER@jmail.umd.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 12:41:10 EST
Maybe the question ought to be, what about a TR6 as an ONLY car?

My TR6 has been on the road only a few months, so I can't really
speak to its reliability, but I had a '66 Spridget for 4 years as my
only car when I was a starving college student.  Looking back on it,
it was a blast, but it was also an adventure and often a pain in the
rear.

The comments about having another car to fall back on make a
lot of sense.  Working on an lbc is a joy when you aren't doing it on
the side of the freeway getting later for an important event.  If you
have a busy life or a slim bank account it may be hard to do all the
maintenance when it needs to be done, and lbc's need maintenance.
On the other hand, you end up with some great stories you can amaze
your friends with (maybe "amaze" isn't the word).  I second the
suggestion on having a parts car, too, if possible.

Hope this helps.

Jeff Wagner
'72 TR6 and a reliable '86 Toyota pickup