TR-6 as a daily driver?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-6 as a daily driver?
From: MORROW@udavxb.oca.udayton.edu
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 12:37:01 -0400 (EDT)
Yo;
am on my second 72 TR6 (10 year gap between the two). The present car is for
weekends only, but the first was my daily driver for seven years in rain,
sleet snow, etc. It never once failed to start, nor did it ever strand me in
all that time. Problem: it ate 6 clutch/pressure plates in seven years for
reasons that even the best mechanics could not explain. the present version
has been problem-free clutch-wise for 2+ years. The first TR-6 was really
the best running and most fun car I have ever had (including my big Healey,
MG and 190-SL). Major point, though; while it was my daily driver, it was
not my only car at the time (also had beetle and a chevy vega then). There
were plenty of times that the beetle was needed to cover for the TR-6 for
one reason or another (the TR-6 also covered for the beetle occasionally...)
But except for the clutch problems which were indigenous to that particular
car, routine maintenance was a snap and the car was remarkably reliable. Not
a good winter car, to be sure, but that never stopped me. But then I was
younger, so much younger................
Have fun and do it!
Prof. Gary Morrow, Chem. Dept., Univ. of Dayton
300 College Park, Dayton, OH 45469-2357
Ph:(513)229-2048; FAX:(513)229-2635