For Sale: 64 Vitesse / Sport 6 Convertable

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: For Sale: 64 Vitesse / Sport 6 Convertable
From: directmc@bdt.com
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 95 17:07 PDT
For Sale:
With much consideration and after being laid off from my job due to a
corporate downsizing, I have decided to sell my Triumph Vitesse (Sport 6)
1964 1600 Convertable: California garaged all it's life.

A bit of history: The car sat in a neighbor's garage for years (they were
the second owner). When it stopped running in 1969 they parked it in the
garage and there it sat until I purchased it and towed it to my garage in
1977 (the odometer read 42,000). The head was re built (there was no ridge
or cylinder scores) all valves were replaced. The car started right up and
ran for the next two years while I commuted to and from school. In 1982 the
transmission failed and once again the car was garaged for years. In 1989 a
transmission (no overdrive) swap and the car was driven infrequently
(odometer read 59,700 and stopped running after the swap).
Then the rear end failed. Once again garaged until a swap and back up and
running but only driven to the next garage for storage where it has sat for
5 years

Facts:
{{No rust anywhere}}, straight body, very clean. Other than the
transmission and rear end swap, and some very minor details, the car is
original (98% at least).

New:
Paint (red to match original), carpet, upholstery, top, tires, Spax gas
shocks, tie rod ends, tires 165/80.

What needs work:
One unreliable window crank (have replacement) * Door locks * Severe
positive camber on rear wheels *
Rebuilt downdraft Solex carbs installed * Steering box has play * New
radiator cap * Odometer cable replaced

This car is in very good condition with no more than 65K original miles.
It's fast, rare and fun!  I am not expecting to get out of it what I have
invested so:

Price $3,000 OBO

Clubs: Please pass the information on to members.
Thanks all!
Please respond to: Ken (415) 550-1581 (San Francisco) or kheyman@3wmedia.com

Ken Heyman  (kheyman@3wmedia.com)
Director of Marketing