Re: Seeking TR2 info

To: NPBLAIR@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seeking TR2 info
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 95 16:50:43 -0700
In message <950920183028_104481267@mail04.mail.aol.com>  writes:
> I recently acquired a 1953 TR2 com#TS 172.  I am seeking as much info as
> possible
> for a proper restoration. I would appreciate any input you may have such as
> photos,
> literature, clubs, owners or part sources.  The car has not been driven since
> '73 and is
> in pretty good shape, though being such a rare "long door" I feel a full
> resto is needed.  I am new to the 'net' and welcome any reply from owners,
> enthusiasts or experts.  Thank you.

Be careful on taking things off.  You car has a lot of parts that have not been
reproduced.  it should have retangular tail lamps, and a thermostat housing
different from what you see on the other cars.  If your car was fitted with a
windscreen washer, it had a plastic bag washer and a foot operated mechanical
pump.  The very early long doors were very interesting cars.  An excellent find.
I hope you do the restoration right.  The factory parts book should show all the
correct parts.  The earlier the TR2-3B, the more accurate the documentation in
the factory manual & parts book.  Do get a reprint of the factory  parts book.

I do have some old colour prints I took of an early TR2.  I could give you a
set.  They are unfortunatly very underexposed.  I was trying to fdigure out how
to use an auto exposure 35mm.  I guessed wrong.

I would need an address to send them too.

Take care,

TeriAnn
TR3A TS75519L