Re: PDWA

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PDWA
From: TinyHost@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 1995 13:01:23 -0400
No flames intended...

>i have always thought dual circuit brakes were uncle sam's best idea and
>the idea of a warning light to suggest a leak in one circuit before
>catastrophic failure is also a great idea,

Although I agree that the warning light is a good idea, I do question its
usefulness. Speaking from experience, you will notice a brake problem at
least as soon as the PDWA warns that you have one, and I have found that
the warning lags the problem by a great deal. In fact, as someone noted on
this list a while back, the PDWA can probably cause trouble as you have
a) that sinking feeling in your brake pedal, and b) see a very large, red
light
pulling your attention to the dashboard from the road.

That said, I personally don't recommend removing the PDWA from the brake
circuit, nor will I do that myself. But I just think that relying on it to
warn of
brake problems is optimism at its best.   :)

        Bruce Krobusek
        Rochester   NY
       tinyhost@aol.com
          '83 R80RT