Re: PWDA centering ...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PWDA centering ...
From: TinyHost@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 1995 22:21:41 -0400
>Can the PWDA valve be recentered w/o removing it ?

Yep. Remove the PDWA warning switch and find yourself a piece of thin but
fairly stiff wire. (I used a paper clip.) Under the warning switch is a brass
gizmo
that has a small chunk out of it. This notch should be centered, and when it
is it doesn't touch the brass pin that protrudes from the bottom of the
switch.
A pressure difference between the front and rear brakes pushes this brass
gizmo
off-center, grounding the warning circuit through by touching the brass pin.
Take
the wire and center the brass gizmo so that the cutout is centered in the
PDWA
opening.

I hope this makes sense. It may make more sense once you actually look at
the PDWA innards. Note that you shouldn't have to remove the PDWA in order
to center the gizmo.

>Sooner or later I will actually be done with my brakes....

Good luck! I've been messing with mine for the past 2-3 months...

        Bruce Krobusek
        Rochester   NY
       tinyhost@aol.com
          '83 R80RT