Re: trashing the Uni-syn

To: widget@pixi.com (Paul Swengler)
Subject: Re: trashing the Uni-syn
From: kralmv@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu (Milo V. Kral)
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 1995 19:36:45 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Date-warning: Date header was inserted by ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu
>The process (somewhat simplified) is: First the linkages are disconnected so
>each operates inedpendently. I adjust the first carb at idle accelleration
>and at 3,000 rpm. then I do the second carb the same way including idle.
>then I do it again.
>
>See, if the first carb is giving the right mixture at idle, accelleration,
>and at running speed, and the second carb is doing the same the carbs should
>be balanced. if they aren't it doesn't matter because the fuel/air mixture
>is right and the chambers may be different size. The only adjustment might
>be fine tuning the idle screw and this is done with a vacuum guage.

No offence,  but what the hell are you talking about?  I've never heard
anything like THIS before.  I don't think I need to explain why your procedure
is completely wrong,  just read your manuals.
Milo Kral
Applied and Engineering Sciences
Vanderbilt University
(615) 322-2756