trashing the Uni-syn

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: trashing the Uni-syn
From: widget@pixi.com (Paul Swengler)
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 1995 12:20:14 -0400
Response follows original message:
____________________________________

>On Tue, 12 Sep 1995, Marcus Tooze wrote:
>

>> >     I trashed my uni-sync when I got a coloure tune. It is sooooooo much
>> >     better.
>> >
>> > How does a Colortune measure the airflow balance between multiple carbs?
>> >
>> > mjb.
>> >

>> Maybe he was having trouble screwing the unisyn into the plug holes.....
>>

>       I hope the term "trashed" is just figurative...

-----------------response follows:

No, It's still in the tool box but I don't use it. Wanna buy it? make an offer.

The process (somewhat simplified) is: First the linkages are disconnected so
each operates inedpendently. I adjust the first carb at idle accelleration
and at 3,000 rpm. then I do the second carb the same way including idle.
then I do it again.

See, if the first carb is giving the right mixture at idle, accelleration,
and at running speed, and the second carb is doing the same the carbs should
be balanced. if they aren't it doesn't matter because the fuel/air mixture
is right and the chambers may be different size. The only adjustment might
be fine tuning the idle screw and this is done with a vacuum guage.

Try it... you'll like it.