Electronic rheostats?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Electronic rheostats?
From: jstrohm@unisql.unisql.com (Jim Strohm)
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 95 09:14:59 CDT
As with the overdrive solenoid relays, we have the technology to
replace pesky high-current electromechanical devices with small,
elegant, lasts-forever electronic goodies that work like new in every
way except that they don't blow up.

Maybe I've found my niche in cottage-industry manufacturing -- new
replacement electricals for classic cars that look like the real thing
but work like they're supposed to.

OK, what would you pay for a replacement dash rheostat that would
never wear out or blow up?  Email, please, don't respond to the net.

This is not SPAM; I don't have anything to sell (yet).  I'm looking at
the feasibility of making something that every Brit-car (or Italian,
French, ANY classic-car) owner would buy ONCE per car, for life.

Jim jstrohm@unisql.com

P.S. I've received a range of responses for a solid-state lifetime OD
solenoid relay replacement, with "would-pay" numbers ranging from $25
to $100.