Mystery Transmission Parts

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Mystery Transmission Parts
From: "Tim Hoffman" <thoffman@onramp.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 17:45:13 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <thoffman@mailhost.onramp.net>
I had the transmission tunnel cover off yesterday in my '74 Spitfire
in order to track down a loose shifter and I discovered a seemingly
unused bracket attached to the 2 front top cover extension bolts.
Mounted in this mystery bracket was a mystery switch that closes via
a cam whenever the transmission is in gear. ANY gear.

What is the switch for?  I do not have overdrive, but maybe the "base"
transmission is out of a car with overdrive?

It will be living the rest of its life in my spare parts box unless
somebody can give me a good reason to put it back!

Thanks!

Tim Hoffman    thoffman@onramp.net

'90 Eclipse GST, '88 Conquest TSi, '85 Nissan P/U, '77 Sterling #762,
'76 Sterling #484, '75 Sterling #392, '74 Spitfire, 2 cats, and a
parrot named Ross.

Sterling Home Page: http://rampages.onramp.net/~thoffman/index.html