Re: Brakes: that sinking feeling

To: johnl@zeta.org.au
Subject: Re: Brakes: that sinking feeling
From: "Randell Jesup" <jesup@scala.scala.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 95 16:44:57 EDT
>For a few weeks I've noticed that the brake pedal on my 2500 PI
>slowly sinks while sitting at the lights. Since the car is an

>2. Once I release the pedal and move off, the pedal travel returns
>to normal range.
>
>3. No loss of brake fluid.

        I'll bet dollar to doughnuts that it's a bad seal/valve/etc in the
master cylinder.  Basically, under pressure no fluid is supposed to get back
to the reservoir, and it is.  I'm not really mentally up to speed with
how boosters work, so I suppose it could be there too.

--
Randell Jesup, Scala US R&D, Ex-Commodore-Amiga Engineer class of '94
Randell.Jesup@scala.com