Re: Car Fire

To: David Brock <dmbrock@julian.uwo.ca>
Subject: Re: Car Fire
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 08:22:17 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Mon, 11 Sep 1995, David Brock wrote:

> Hello Friends.
>
> Has anyone any experience re-running a main harness?  Is it as
> straightforward (but admittedly meticulous) as pulling out the old one and
> connecting in the new one?  I have (and know well) the wiring schematics for
> my car from the Haynes Manual.

        David,

        I re-ran the harness on my TR4 when I rebuilt it. The first thing
        I'd recommend is get the right harness for your Spit. My TR4 harness
        was for a later `4  (it was the only one available at the time) and
        there was some rerouting needed. Then check your wiring schematic,
        and do a bit of advanced planning about what should go first,
        and take your time... It takes longer than you think it should.

        Oh yes... Since it's LUCAS it wouldn't hurt to check the position
        of the stars, kill a chicken, and walk 3 time sunwise around your
        Spit chanting "Oh, mighty Prince protect your unworthy servant..."
        8*)

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois