Re: Cooling system leak

To: pwiegman@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Cooling system leak
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 95 23:20:12 MDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

Paul W.

when engine is off and hot, and not while running and hot, the answer
is pretty basic physics.
  When the engine is running, the coolant is compressed and flowing.
This is how refrigeration systems  work. Thus, the coolant is actually
under less pressure when it is moving.
  When the engine is off, the coolant is no longer moving and so, becomes
hotter since it cannot release its heat via the cooling fins of the radiator.
  I don't know if any of this makes any since, but what it all boils (sic)
down to is you need to replace the water pump.
 Sounds like your luck is like mine. We have these great cars, but when
we get to drive them, something always goes wrong. Good luck.
Tony R.
69GT6
68GT6
64TR4