Transmisssion Oil

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Transmisssion Oil
From: pwiegman@ix.netcom.com (Paul Wiegman)
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 1995 11:17:08 -0700
I had a local Valvoline quick lube shop change the oil in my
differential yesterday and to them to do the same for the transmission.

 He checked a reference book first. That said that a Triumph TR3 didn't

exist so after letting him touch the car to prove that it wasn't a
dream that I was projecting over the oil pit in his shop, he call a
special hot-line.

They told him that the diff and the trans took two different kinds of
oil.  He had one for th diff, but not for the trans.  That of course
was special order.

What's the story here ?  Are the lubs in the two that different, and
why.  What happens if the same is used in both ?

Or is this another way to get a few more bucks from an owner of a fancy

sports cars who is sure to have lots of bucks.

Paul g. Wiegman
1957 TR3  #TS14551L