Re: TR6 carpets

To: trs@eagle.gsh.jhu.edu, kerch@parc.xerox.com
Subject: Re: TR6 carpets
From: JERRYTOY@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 1995 02:00:11 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I trimmed out the carpet underlayment under the dash support bracket to get
it ti fit better.  For seat slide supports I used the nylon bushings found in
hardware stores.
Found I used a lot of the spray adhesive!  Get good ventilation!  To cut out
nice holes for seat bolts etc used 1/4 in. hole punch from leather craft shop
or can make on by grinding thin wall tubing on your grinder.  While you are
at it you might want to put in new door gaskets.  Makes doors feel better
when closing too.  Remove rear vinyl panels to get carpet underneath.  I
added some extra sound deadening material, called Q-panels on floor panels
and over tranny tunnel...(Can get at NAPA stores etc)
Check to see that corners that where caulked are still intact and consider
adding some "fresh"  black caulk.  Assume you are going to replace cardboard
tranny tunnel while you are going to all this work?  Consider sand blasting
and painting seat slides while out?

All I can think of for now.   Did complete interior last Oct.
Jerry Lloyd
74 TR6
home 206-938-2384