Spit Exh.Problems...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit Exh.Problems...
From: tomstory@slip.net (Thomas Story)
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 1995 14:13:22 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Work progresses on the Spitfire, all the electrics are hooked up, the diff
is being rebuilt, and I just got in my new exhaust system today...problem.
I have a 67 MKII body, with a 74' 1500 engine in it. The exhaust system I
ordered was the maniflow setup from David Vizard. The manifold will not fit
in the car, it hits the frame and no amount of finagling will ever get it
in. Actually the manifold is for a 1500 Midget, but I was told that they
are the same piece. So...

Basically what are my options to having a good header exhaust system
(preferably 4-2-1) fitted to a 1500 engine in a MKII body? I'd like to not
use the original exhaust as it has the EGR valve on it (even though I
suppose I could have it plugged), but I'd really like to have the power of
the full flow system. Help! I'm getting so close!

"Who are You?"
"I'm fine thanks, who are you?"
"I'm fine too, but you no get in without the password"