Re: Wiper Motor Woes

To: Henry Frye <pp001287@interramp.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wiper Motor Woes
From: "Chris Kantarjiev" <cak@godzilla.studio.sgi.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 1995 16:56:57 -0700 "Wiper Motor Woes" (Sep 5, 7:11pm)
The TR250 wiper motor is the same as in a 4A. Try

Name:        Dave Furiani
Company:     Very British
Address:     Locust Avenue Extension
             Amsterdam, NY 12010
Phone:       (518) 843-1358

and see if he can help you.

The brushes are NLA - that is, the original Lucas brushes. There is a common
industrial part that any good motor shop should have that will fit, with just a
little bit of sanding (and you may have to trim off a copper lead). If you
can't find satisfaction by looking in the yellow pages under "automotive
electrics" or something similar, send me some mail and I'll look up the info.

I would guess that a good automotive electric shop could try to repair your
armature - shop around locally before replacing it.

(As for your too-hot garage: have you installed a vent? In my last garage,
which had a low, flat tar roof, I installed one of those "whisperlite" rotating
vents. Made a mondo difference. In my current garage, which has a high, peaked
roof, I went the simple route and put a 4" dryer vent close to the peak. It's
not as good as the whisperlite, but the loft is now fairly cool, instead of
15-20 degrees hotter than the ground floor. Be prepared to cover either one up
for the winter if you want any heat to stay in the garage.)