Wiper Motor Woes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wiper Motor Woes
From: Henry Frye <pp001287@interramp.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 95 19:11:15 PDT
Unfortunately my progress on the 250 has been must slower than
I had hoped, mostly due to the excessive heat we have been
encountering in the northeast.  Furthermore, shipwright's disease
is a horrible thing.  I am now hopeful to have her back on the road
sometime next year...

Anyway, the heat has kept me out of the hot garage, so I have been
removing pieces and tinkering in the temperate basement.  Which
brings me to the question at hand.

The wiper motor had experienced a major meltdown.  The armature
shaft has two sections of the commutator burnt off, the brushes are
more or less toast, and the coil windings have two wires melted off.
 TRF has a listing for the armature shaft, but  none of the other parts
needed.  Does anyone have any idea where I can find the other pieces
I need?  Or am I just kidding myself and need to replace the whole
assembly.

In the case of the latter, I have surmised the 250 does not share the same
wiper motor with the TR 6.  Does anyone know if there is any other cars that
share this motor, like a TR4A?

Everyone's help is most appreciated.
68 TR250  Still more parts in the basement than the garage
pp001287@.interramp.com (Henry Frye)