TR7 windshield washer switch

To: TRIUMPHS <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR7 windshield washer switch
From: Herb Neumann <herb@csb.varian.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 95 07:53:00 PST
Encoding: 11 TEXT
Hi out there!  Has anyone had problems with the washer switch.   When I took
the wand off the steering column, I found the black wire not attached to
anything and more important I couldn't locate a place where it was attached
to the tube (wand).  The motor works ok, infant by touching the wire to the
wand tube the switch will operate the motor.  My problem is I can't  solder
the wire to the tube, I'll melt the insulation on the other wire to the
switch.  Anyone have any ideas on how the wire was connected at the factory
and how to repair this?

Triumphfully yours,  Herb Neumann