TR4A Brake Master

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4A Brake Master
From: ALAN_COSTICH@HPATC1.desk.hp.com
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 95 10:03:00 -0500
I have a '67 TR4A. Over the winter, the juice leaked out of
the rear reservoir. After a few days, the juice leaked out of
the front reservoir. Front reservoir? Rear reservoir, you ask.
Yes, this car has a servo assist much like the TR6. I read that
servo assisted brakes were an option on the 4's and 250's. Well,
I have one and every year it leaks! Seems to be at the seals
between the master and the plastic reservoir what sits on top.
Short of replacing the seals (two "o" rings) every spring, anyone
make any suggestions why this happens? Seems that once the temp-
erature swings have settled down, it stops leaking.

Alan