Carpet and Tunnel Cover

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Carpet and Tunnel Cover
From: WATSON@wmich.edu
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 1995 15:17:47 -0400 (EDT)
While attempting to clean the engine smell from the carpet in my 78 Spit, I
discovered the trans tunnel cover has soaked up a lot of oil.  Consequently,
most of the "smell" is coming from the cover rather than the carpet.  Since
I'm on a spending jag lately, I figure why not replace the tunnel cover AND
the carpet.

Should the tunnel cover be plastic or fiberboard?

Does anyone have a good source for high quality, molded carpet kits at a
"reasonable" price?  I've looked at VB, TRF, Moss and a variety of other
catalogs but am unable to determine quality vs. $$$.

I just picked up the rechromed bumpers.  They look like mirrors!  YeeeHaaa!

Margaret Watson   78 SPIT