Re: Carpet and Tunnel Cover

To: WATSON@wmich.edu
Subject: Re: Carpet and Tunnel Cover
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 1995 15:49:44 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

On Tue, 28 Mar 1995 WATSON@wmich.edu wrote:

> While attempting to clean the engine smell from the carpet in my 78 Spit, I
> discovered the trans tunnel cover has soaked up a lot of oil.  Consequently,
> most of the "smell" is coming from the cover rather than the carpet.  Since
> I'm on a spending jag lately, I figure why not replace the tunnel cover AND
> the carpet.
>
> Should the tunnel cover be plastic or fiberboard?

They were fiberboard originally, with some sort of insulation on the
underside. Plastic probably will be a stronger replacement (and less
prone to soaking up oil), but I've heard stories about some ill-fitting
replacements. And at least some replacements come without insulation.
BTW, where did the oil come from? ;-)

> Margaret Watson   78 SPIT

Andy Mace