Re: [Tigers] "Auto-Cruisin' in the Tiger"

To: "'Samouce's'" <wsamouce@kc.rr.com>, "'Tiger Talk List Tiger'"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] "Auto-Cruisin' in the Tiger"
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 11:19:26 -0400
Duke
        I installed this cruise control unit just before the Big Sky SUNI,
1999 and it works at all speeds.
My first thought was that you have an intermittent problem at one of the
wires.   I had a bad connection at the brake switch wires but I think that
made it not work at all.(?)

I just browsed Larry's article, I did it a little differently and I noticed
he did not include the switch setting he used.   Also the Audiovox
instructions are a little confusing or not as technically specific as I
would like about the switch settings.

Steve wrote that it is the switch settings on the servo which makes sense so
here are my settings switch 1 to 7.
1 = off
2 = off
3 = on
4 = on
5 = off
6 = off
7 = off

I did not run the servo throttle cable all the way to the carb.   I hooked
it up inside the cabin at accelerator pedal.

Also there is a possibility you can use a Ford VSS sensor instead of the
magnet kit. The VSS sensor on my 88 Mustang has a
Speedo cable through VSS sensor.  I have yet to check if there is room for
the VSS and the Tiger speedo cable; it's on my TO DO list when I GET AROUND
TOIT.

Ron Fraser